Earlier today, President Trump along with key members of the Coronavirus Task Force provided an update on the state of the country and the government's efforts to battle COVID-19.
As part of our continued efforts to bring you the latest with the ongoing Coronavirus crisis, here is a summarized version of today's update.
All you need to know, nothing but the truth.
PRESIDENT TRUMP'S UPDATE
- Mr. President began by thanking the American people for their incredible sacrifices they have made to slow the virus.
- Currently, the ultimate goal is to ease recommended guidelines to open up certain sections of the country at a time, hopefully by Easter.
- First priority: The health & safety of the American people
“Stay focused, stay strong, my administration and myself will continue to work for you as we have in the past.”
Update on Critical Preparations & Supplies
- FEMA has secured 8 million N95 respirators, 14 million surgical masks, and many millions more under order arriving soon.
- As of today, 2.4 million face shields, 1.9 million surgical gowns, 13.5 million gloves, and over 4,000 ventilators have been sent to the areas that need them the most.
- 4,000 more ventilators are being send to New York.
- The federal government is using every resource to acquire and distribute core medical supplies.
- The executive order of the Defense Production Act (DePA) has not been needed to be implemented yet, all companies are co-operating.
Update on New Hospitals & Medical Facilities
- The Army Corps of Engineers & the National Guard are going to build 4 temporary hospitals in NYC.
- 4 separate medical facilities are also being built in different parts of New York.
- Navy hospital ships are being deployed to New York Harbor as soon as the maintenance is complete with another ship being sent to LA.
- The military is also building hospitals & medical facilities in WA, NJ, & Los Angeles.
Update on Economy & Financial Package
- Currently working on the biggest financial relief package in American history of $2 trillion.
- Job retention loans for small businesses
- Extended unemployment insurance
- Billions of dollars being loaned via "Bridge Loans" to airline & cruise ship industries.
- DOW had biggest surge in history today of 2,000 points.
- The market sees that we are working hard to get the economy back.
- A team of public health experts & economists working to develop a sophisticated plan to rebuild the economy.
- America is working with other countries to help one another.
- The President is hoping to have Americans working by Easter
“This is a medical crisis, not a financial crisis, but it is something that nobody has seen for many many decades”
- The goal for the future must be to have American medicine for American patients; American supplies for American hospitals; American equipment for out great American heroes.
“We should never be reliant on a foreign country for the means of our own survival... This experience shows how important borders are. Without borders, you don’t have a nation.”
- Both parties must unite to make this country independent in every sense of the word; Energy independence, manufacturing, economic independence, & territorial independence enforced by strong, sovereign borders.
“We will embrace commerce by all, but we will be dependent on none. Above all, we know that the best thing for our economy and the world right now is a very very powerful victory over the virus”
DEBORAH L. BIRX'S UPDATE
- We are continuing to accelerate testing at a record rate, with 370,000 completed tests, 120,000 of those have been completed over the past 8 days.
- Those who are showing symptoms and need to be tested are being tested first.
- We are working on providing at-home sample kits to send into laboratories. This allows more medical equipment & PPE to be dedicated to hospitals.
- Recently, encouraging results have been coming out of Italy:
- Decrease of mortality rates
- Decrease of new cases
- American cases will continue to appear as if they are surging, but it is only because they are working on backlogging old cases.
- Until we can get on a 24 hour reporting cycle, the numbers will be disproportionate to what is actually happening.
- Currently, 56% of US cases are coming out of the Metro NYC area, and anyone who has left NYC since the outbreak may have been exposed. She advised that everyone who falls under this category should self-quarantine for the next 14 days to ensure that it doesn't spread.
DR. FAUCI'S UPDATE
- We have to act policy-wise based on hard data.
- The areas of the country that are not hotspots still have a window of significant degree of being able to contain.
- He urged to continue to follow the Presidential Guidelines to reduce the spread, and echoed Deborah's urgency to self-quarantine if you have been in the Metro NYC area recently.
Drugs for a Cure
- Currently, the government is conducting clinical trials on willing candidates.
- The designed studies will be able to determine if the cures are safe and effective.
- More studies are in the pipeline.
LARRY KUDLOW'S UPDATE
This legislation is urgently needed to bolster the economy and stabilize markets to not only get us through a difficult period in the economy, but also to position us for an economic rebound later this year... This package will be the single largest mainstreet assistance program in the history of the US”
Proposed Phases of Assistance Program
Phase 2: Delivered sick leave for individuals, hourly workers, and families.
Phase 3: Significant package for small businesses
- Loan guarantees will be included
- Takes out expenses and lost revenues
- Eligibility requires worker retention, and the businesses must maintain payrolls during crisis periods
- Direct deposit checks of around $3,000 will be sent to families of 4 or more
Phase 4: The previous phase will bridge to enhanced unemployment insurance benefits that will take this up to full wages.
Other Economic Updates
- There will be income tax deferrals without interest or deferrals
- Student loan interest deferrals without interest or deferrals
- The government will have to replenish the emergency fund. It will be overseen by oversight board and inspector general; will be completely transparent.
- The package totals $6 trillion. $2 trillion for direct assistance, $4 trillion in federal reserve lending power.
This will be over in weeks or months, not years.
VICE PRESIDENT PENCE'S UPDATES
"If every american follow these outlines, wherever you are, we can significantly reduce the number of Americans that would contract & protect the most vulnerable."
- The focus of the COVID-19 Taskforce is to 1. Slow the spread & promote mitigation, and 2. Focus on testing & providing supplies.
- The Task Force has established private partnerships with private labs.
- If you don't have symptoms, don't get a test; save space for those who do show symptoms.
- Main focus is NYC. The Metro area is 60% of all cases in the country with an infection rate of 1 in 1,000, compared to 0.1% per thousand in areas such as Washington State.
- Surge resources are being sent to NYC, and the arrival of the USS Comfort is being sent to the coast of NYC.
- Team meetings were held today at FEMA to create PPE & ventilators. They are distributing millions of masks around the country and 73 pallets specifically to New York.
- In weeks, not months, we will open up the country. We will get to that day quicker if every American follows the Presidential guidelines of "15 Days to Slow the Spread".
“We’re with you. We're going to continue to provide resources to support state and local issues as they confront the spread of the Coronavirus in this great city”
To help you continue to support President Trump during these pressing times, we are offering 66% OFF our top-selling "President Trump Train USA Flag Hat" for the duration of the COVID-19 outbreak.
What do you think of the update?
I personally think President Trump & the Coronavirus Task Force are doing a spectacular job.
Let me know in the comments!
UNITED WE STAND.