If there's one huge takeaway from today's Coronavirus briefing, it's that CNN reporter Jim Acosta is an unpatrotic, fear mongering, impotent excuse of a reporter. I seriously had to pause the briefing a few times to take a break due to Jim's repetitive & hypothetical questions. I don't know how the President does it.
But that's not what you're here for; here's the key takeaways from today's Coronavirus briefing from President Trump.
“Some of what we are learning now will live long into the future”
- The Treasury Department & Small Business Department announced details on the relief program
- $350 billion in loans will be sent to small businesses to continue to pay employees
- The loans will be forgiven if they continue to pay employees
- All phone and internet providers will be able to keep up with new massive load of people using their devices
- The government is holding back 10,000 ventilators because a stronger surge is coming.
- The purpose of this is to prevent hospitals from hoarding ventilators.
- "We are getting requests from hospitals that don't need them."
- The President wants to have flexibility so in case the surge is much stronger somewhere else, the ventilators would be able to be sent to those states.
"It's like having oil reserves, but more valuable."
- Massive amounts of medical supplies are being sent to all 50 states
- Ventilators are being sent to MI, LA, NY, & NJ
- FEMA is supplying 250 ambulances & 500 EMTs to NY
- CA Army Corps of Engineers have built 8 facilities to expand hospital capacity to 50,000 beds
- USNS Hospital Ship is operational in Los Angeles
- USS Comfort is in place in NYC & will be able to host patients shortly
- FEMA provided 100 travel trailers to assist with needs in MI
- Louisiana will be delivered 2 field hospitals for 500 hospital beds
- Hospitals now have the authority for mothers to deliver babies in a safe & healthy environment away from any COVID-19 patients.
- The US State Department has extracted over 2,500 Americans trapped in other countries.
"It's going to be a very, very painful 2 weeks... This is the time for all Americans to come together."
Dr Birx. provided many helpful graphs to display pertinent information.
- The dark blue line shows the amount of American deaths if we had no intervention.
- The light blue line shows the expected American deaths with current intervention practices.
- Dr. Fauci & Dr. Birx was very clear that these are estimations and are not a guaranteed number. It could go up, it could go down, and it could change based on the data that continues to come in.
- The model is also heavily based on data from NY, NJ, & CT, and seeing as they are hot spots, the mortality rate could be skewed.
Cumulative Cases Per 100,000: NY, NJ, CT, WA, CA
- This graph displays the amount of COVID-19 cases from March 1 - Today for the corresponding states.
Cumulative Cases per 100,000: All 50 States
- This graph displays the amount of COVID-19 cases from March 1 - Today for all 50 states.
Daily New Cases in Italy
- This is a much more promising chart showing that Italy's cases are showing a sharp decline. It displays the importance of following the "Slow the Spread" Presidential Guidelines.
“I know it is stressful to follow guidelines, it is more stressful to those healthcare workers on the front lines”
- There are 2 dynamic forces that are opposing each other:
- The virus if left to its own devices
- What we are doing, what we are trying to do, and what we will be doing
- He is convinced that mitigation is doing the trick.
- When the increase of new cases reaches a certain level, it will start to lower, which leads to less hospitalizations, less intensive care patients, and ultimately less deaths.
- In the next several days, cases will go up, but we cannot be discouraged. The mitigation is working, and will work.
- It's important to continue to follow the social distancing guidelines in order for it to keep working. It is the answer to the problem, and we must do it with all of the intensity and force that we can.
VICE PRESIDENT MIKE PENCE
“30 days will make a difference in the lives of the American people”
- There are difficult days ahead, but do not be discouraged.
- The Coronavirus Task Force is working closely with governors around the nation.
- The President has declared 29 major disasters, and has authorized 10 different states to use full federal funding to pay for the National Guard.
- FEMA reports 17,000 National Guardsmen have been activated.
- It is okay for states to use the National Guard to move medical supplies.
- 1.1 million tests have been completed around the country.
- New tests are coming out shortly that can provide accurate results in 15 minutes.
- It's imperative that the states report their findings daily to the CDC.
- 1 has been sent to NY and another has been sent to IL yesterday.
- 1 will arrive in Ohio in the next 24 hours.
- FEMA is contracting around the world for 51 more flights.
“Help is on the way, we will leave no stone unturned in America or anywhere around the world to have resources and equipment for [American Healthcare Workers] to do your job.”
The closing questions were so repetitive, asinine, and insulting, they didn't provide any insight or value.
Trust me, I sat through all of them.
Now more than ever we need to stand strong on our Second Amendment rights. Show your 2FA pride with our brand-new "2nd Amendment" T-Shirt!
UNITED WE STAND,