This past Sunday, President Trump appeared on Fox News' Town Hall interview.
Tough questions were asked, and tough answers were given.
To save you 2 hours, here's a breakdown of the interview in an easy-to-read format.
Interviewer: "What do you say to the people who are scared of re-opening the country?"
- People who are scared should stay back and watch what happens.
- Protect the elderly over 60.
- He compared the people who are scared of reopening to people who are scared of not getting their job back & having no money.
Interviewer: Do you have advice for people who are about to lose their home, having no more food, having no money... is there more help coming?”
- "There is more help coming, there has to be."
- The third financial quarter transition will have an amazing comeback due to jobs having better pay.
Interviewer: "Do you think we went to far with shutting down the country?"
- “We were going to lose anywhere from 75, 80, to 100,000 people; that’s a horrible thing. We shouldn’t lose one person over this, this should’ve been stopped in China. It should’ve been stopped.”
- If we did not shut down, we would’ve lost 1, 4, or 5 million people… minimum.
Interviewer: "From what you’ve learned from this, how you’ve dealt with it now, it comes up in the fall, you’ll do something different?”
- Hopes to get rid of whatever pops up.
- He went on to talk about how we’ve seen death like Elmhurst Hospital in Queens, the area of where he grew up.
- "When there is already 100,000 body bags - and there are 10 - 12 per hallway - if we did not shut down, it would’ve been 15 times more."
Interviewer: “What kind of federal protocols are going to be put in place for testing to ensure that my potential customers and staff feel safe? When people are leaving or coming from a different state that doesn’t have the same testing, are we going to feel safe?”
- Depends on where you come from; if you were in New York and want to go to Montana, precautions and possible problems may occur because of how much it spread in certain areas.
- Certain states will have to take more time to open up again; Virginia wants to close down until the middle of June.
- You can go to places like beaches and parks and keep your distance while doing so.
Interviewer: “Do you think as deaths are going up and cases are going up, that we really are on the other side medically, and that this is a great success story from the federal government?"
- It is too early to say that, and we are still in the middle of this whole thing. If we did not shut down, we would’ve lost 2.5 million people.
- “Some states have been doing a better job than others. In some states you can do a lot less than other states.”
- New York will probably go around walking with masks for a while.
- Trump had a meeting with all the governors and asked if they needed more of anything; they said they needed nothing. Now, they are asking and complaining about how they don’t have the supplies they needed.
COVID-19 Survivor from the audience: “How are we going to make sure we have enough Remdesivir available for everybody?” (Drug that helps fight the virus.)
- The federal government is pushing this drug hard for hospitals and pushing the vaccines.
- Very confident that we will have a vaccine at the end of the year.
School teacher from the audience: "Are there any ideas for teachers to get back into our classrooms?"
- He is worried about teachers who are 60 or older being in schools.
- Online schooling is fantastic and may last longer than expected.
Interviewer: “Are you going to urge the nations universities and schools to go back in September?”
- Urges this to happen whenever we have the chance; he doesn't want it to last longer than it already has.
- He would rather have therapeutics that make people better instead of a vaccine.
- 1 study shows Hydroxychloroquine is tied with some cardiac problems, but has significantly helped people survive.
Question from the Public - “It’s been widely reported that the threat of Coronavirus was included in your daily intelligence briefings for weeks prior to the first confirmed case in the U.S. Can you please explain to us why you did not act sooner to prepare this country for this pandemic?”
- On January 23, he was told there could be a virus coming into the U.S. but they never thought it to be a threat. Shortly after, he closed the country from China.
- The Intelligence Agency told him that this virus was not important and was no threat.
Interviewer: “So when you did stop traveling from China, about 40,000 people came back to this country… You said they were tested, who tested them and where?”
- The people who came in were tested in the states and put in quarantine.
- The people who went to Florida were put through a lot of testing and restrictions to make sure they weren’t exposed to the public too much.
- He had to let the people back but did consider keeping them there.
Interviewer: “Do you think you are bringing the country back together?”
- We are winning bigger than we’ve won ever before, and believes winning will overall bring this country back together.
- Hopes that next year will be a better year than ever before for our economy.
Interviewer: “There’s a race to win for the vaccine between countries in the world, so pushing this vaccine development in order to get it to go faster leads to human trials and volunteering to basically inject themselves with COVID-19. Are you concerned about the ethics or the risk of that in that push?”
- "No, because they’re volunteers, they know what they are getting themselves into.”
- Claims we are so far ahead for the vaccine than ever before in history.
- He does not care about the race for the vaccine, he just wants one.
- The US is working together with Australia and the UK to develop a vaccine.
Question from the Public - “How can we manage to keep working with a very slim profit margin to begin with and absorb the shortage price increase at this point?”
- The supply chain will be in great shape due to the Production Defense Act.
- We have tremendous supply and demand and have to get it to the people such as the restaurants.
Teacher from the audience: “What will be done both in the short term and long term to protect the vulnerable in senior home, nursing homes, and assisted living centers?”
- He is pushing legislation immediately as to how many people can be in the centers at any given time.
Interviewer: “How concerned are you about hospitals that are not dealing with COVID-19 and they are letting people go?”
- We have to get elective surgery and let them go back.
- Hospitals need to open up again for regular purposes as many are currently losing a lot of money.
- The press' questions are disgraceful, claims 95% of press is hostile.
- He didn’t want to close our country from China even though Biden said he is xenophobic and a racist for doing so.
Question from the Public: “The Coronavirus is disproportionately affecting communities of color, what will your administration do to address this?
- African American, Asian American, and Hispanic Americans are more affected than any other. He wants to get to the bottom of this problem and will work hard to fix it.
Question from the Public: “If you are elected for a second term, what’s your plan to be more physically responsible, to either reduce or eliminate the deficit in response to increase the federal spending for the Coronavirus stimulus packages?”
- The United States has billions of dollars coming in now from other countries.
- He is putting taxes on other countries who have taken advantage of us, especially China.
- He is pushing for products to be made in America.
Interviewer: “Why are all of the antibiotics made in China?”
- This is because of the past presidents being stupid and foolish.
- It’s not just China that makes our drugs, it’s Ireland too.
- He wants the vaccine to be made in America and not in China, but if it was made somewhere else, he will get it from there.
Question from the Public: “How will you respond to the joblessness while also ensuring our infrastructure is better than ever?”
- Payroll tax cuts
- Going to rebuild infrastructure on both sides of the political party.
- The only way for joblessness to go away is to open up America again.
- If the country's citizens keep up with the protocols and regulations, then the country will start to open up jobs once again.
- Agreed with the President that we will have the best second half of this year and will have a historic third quarter in 2021.
Question from the Public: “Would you consider permanently or temporarily reducing or eliminating tariffs?”
- Taken a lot of tariffs and have given them to farmers totaling $19 billion.
The United States is losing 500 billion dollars a year from China; China has been ripping the country of for many years.
- Has has taken out a lot of money from China and has given it to the American people.
Interviewer: “Are you considering new tariffs on China as punishment for their handling of the virus?”
- Due to us cutting off China, they have had the worst year for their economy after 67 years.
- China said to get rid of tariffs, but Trump refused and said it helped our country in many ways.
- The U.S. has been paying $450 million to World Health Association, but China has only been paying $38 million; he wants that to change.
Question from the Public - “Is there enough evidence that China misled the global community by the Coronavirus? If so how would we respond?”
- China tried to blame it on American soldiers for the spread and Europe.
- Soon the federal government is going to give a report of what they think about happened with the Coronavirus spread.
Interviewer: “Do you think it was made by somewhere or a mistake?”
- He believes China made a horrible mistake and should be embarrassed.
- Claims China tried to cover it up by stopping travel in China, but not in or out of it.
- He has a great relationship with the Leader of China, but blames him for the spread of the virus.
Question from the Public: “Do you have any idea of when the churches will be back open for all to be together?”
- Getting it back as soon as possible.
Show your support of President Trump's spectacular leadership with our "President Trump 2020 USA Flag Hat", now 66% Off!