The last few days have brought out major updates in the fight against the invisible enemy.
There's been a lot of fake news flying around as usual, so here's the facts straight from President Trump & Mike Pence.
President Trump temporarily suspends all immigration into the United States. We will report more on this as this story develops.
White House COVID-19 White Press Briefing Summary
- President Trump is continuing to negotiate with Democrats to the country back to work and have small businesses taken care of. There might be an answer tomorrow.
- 4.18 million Americans have been tested. This is more completed tests than France, UK, South Korea, Japan, Singapore, India, Austria, Australia, Switzerland, & Canada combines. Testing is still rapidly expanding.
- Many governors are still relying on state labs instead of commercial laboratories for testing, which is slowing the process down.
- The Federal Government is continuing to procure many swabs and tests.
"Nobody is close to us, no country is close to us”
- President Trump is currently working with an American manufacturer to product 10 million swabs per month.
- Oakridge National Laboratory to produce over 10 million collection tubes per week.
- The United States is working with other countries to provide them with ventilators.
- The number of new hospital admissions is significantly down. There has been a 50% decline over a 9 day period in the Metro NYC Area.
- The CMS is finalizing guidelines for doctors and patients to resume elective surgeries.
"This is not about democrats or republicans… this is about a thing that hit our country the likes of which has never happened to us before.”
- There are currently 10,000 ventilators in the federal reserve.
- Project Air Bridge has had 64 completed flights carrying over 600 million pieces of PPE with 50 more flights scheduled in the near future.
- Honeywell is hiring more than 1,000 Americans to produce 20 million masks per month.
- America has acquired more masks in 6 weeks than America purchases in a year.
- 764,000 Americans has tested positive, 41,000 Americans died, and 68,000 fully recovered.
- The Metro NYC Area, Long Island, CT, NJ, and the Detroit Metro Area are all past their peak.
- The New Orleans Metro Area is the most stable of all locations that had a major outbreak.
- The Denver Metro Area is also stable.
- Cases and hospitalizations in California & Washington remain low and steady.
- Chicago, Boston, and Philadelphia remain under close observation.
- 5,528 military personnel are deployed across 24 hospitals.
- 9,055 ventilators are currently on hand in the federal stockpile.
The government is and has been overreaching far too much lately. Remind them who they work for with our brand-new "Don't Tread On Me T-Shirt", available in both mens' and womens' sizes.