After a brief hiatus from the public eye, President Trump stood in the sunshine today to propose his police reform bill.
No, he obviously will not "defund the police"; quite the opposite actually...
He plans to DEFEND the police, and rightfully so.
Here's everything President Trump said in an easy-to-read, summarized format to keep our fellow Americans educated on the FACTS.
“Without police there is chaos, without law there is anarchy, and without safety there is catastrophe.”
- All Americans are by your side for the mourning families that have lost their loved one in the protests.
- He is signing an executive order to motivate police departments do better serve their communities.
- The standards coming with the executive order is said to be high and strong.
- The penalty for looting or arson will be significant.
- The looters have no cause that they’re fighting for, just trouble.
- Bans the choke hold from police officers except for when the police officers life is at risk.
- The order will conduct federal funding to help officers in dealing with homeless citizens, mental illness, and substance abuse.
- Secured record funding for HBCU’s (Historically Black Colleges and Universities) as well as long-term financing.
- In the near future, he is going to work on school choice (a student shouldn't be declined from a school just simply due to the fact of their zip code).
- Jobs have been coming back rapidly
- It was announced today that retail sales went up 17.7%.
- Strives to have the third quarter as close to the last and the fourth to be even better.
- Believes there will be a very successful vaccine at the end of the year.
- Believes this Executive Order could’ve happened years ago.